1. Hotel Direct as agent. Please note that Hotel Direct acts as a discount booking agent. Hotel Direct does not itself provide the hotel accommodation. Your contract for the provision of the accommodation is with your host hotel.
Reservations are not confirmed until you receive a Hotel Direct Reservation reference that commences with 'B' (not an Enquiry or Request number) by Email, telephone or fax. Hotel Direct accepts no liability for people who arrive at our hotel accommodation before receipt of this reservation number. The lead guest must be 18 or over; children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Hotels reserve the right to refuse guests at check-in who are under 18 and not accompanied by an adult and to charge the applicable cancellation fees.
3. Cancellations and alterations. If you need to cancel or change your accommodation and provide Hotel Direct with 3 working days notice (Monday to Friday) Hotel Direct will not charge any cancellation fee (except Hidden Gem cancellations/ alterations, Theatre Break cancellations/ alterations and other hotel exceptions noted on our booking pages. See separate cancellations and alterations terms below). Cancellations or changes made within 2 working days of the original arrival date at the accommodation will incur the full discount value of the first night's stay. As these cancellation terms are strictly applied, Hotel Direct advises guests to obtain personal travel insurance covering their hotel accommodation.
Some hotel reservation and cancellation policies differ from Hotel Direct's general hotel policy. Such exceptions are clearly marked on all relevant website pages.
Hidden Gem cancellations and alterations will incur the value of the first night's stay if cancelled within 2 working days of the arrival date. (Please note that Hidden Gems and Secret Hotels that are offered with Advanced Purchase rates or as part of a Theatre Break, Rail break or other package booking, are not refundable as this is a strict clause of all hotels' Advanced Purchase rates and Hotel Direct's package terms)
Theatre Break, Rail break and other package cancellations and alterations incur a 100% cancellation charge if cancelled or amended at any time after payment is made with the exception of some rail fares which are cancellable and refundable in part or whole subject to the rail ticket conditions.
Advanced Purchase rates are special discounted rates only available for advance bookings. The reservation terms and conditions for Advanced Purchase rates differ from Hotel Direct's normal policy: no refunds are available for any cancellations or changes. Additionally, sometimes the room type states 'Db/Tw' or 'Double/ Twin'. This means a double or a twin room is assigned at the hotel. The hotel will try to accommodate each guest's preference but this is not guaranteed.
Hotels with separate cancellation and amendment policies. Some hotels have cancellation and amendment policies that differ from Hotel Direct's normal policy. Such exceptions, when applicable, are described on the 'Your Hotel Booking' page before payment is made and confirmed on the booking confirmation.
4. Complaints. Hotel Direct has made every reasonable effort to ensure the freshness, quality and value of your accommodation. In the event of a complaint, guests may contact Hotel Direct during their stay at the hotel and we will do our utmost to assist you. However, ultimately we cannot accept liability for guest dissatisfaction with a hotel. Hotel Direct cannot assist guests who first submit complaints after departing the hotel accommodation.
5. Information and photographs. Much of the accommodation information provided on our web site and by our reservation centre is supplied by each hotel. Whilst every care has been taken to ensure that all information provided online, by telephone and facsimile is accurate, Hotel Direct cannot be held liable for any errors or omissions it may inadvertently contain. It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photographs displayed. Hotel Direct is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photographs.
6. Price Pledge.
The Price Pledge applies to existing Hotel Direct reservations. The price pledge requires that a lower competitive discount price is available for the same hotel, room type, date and identical package (B&B or Room only) with all taxes included. Application must be made to Hotel Direct within 48 hours of your purchase and at least 3 working days before the first date of stay. Hotel Direct reserves the right to either refund the difference or cancel your booking at no charge and refund its full discount value.
7. Availability. Confirmations are made by Hotel Direct on the basis of availability information supplied by hotels. In the unlikely event that Hotel Direct is advised by a hotel, for any reason, that a room is not available after Hotel Direct has issued confirmation to a guest, Hotel Direct reserves the right to cancel the reservation with a full refund to the guest. Under such circumstances Hotel Direct's liability is limited to the payment received for the accommodation booked via Hotel Direct and now being cancelled. This liability does not extend to travel commitments or other costs. In such an event we would naturally do all we can to offer alternative but equivalent accommodation.
8. Hotel Reservations. Hotel Direct professionally places reservations at selected hotels in accordance with instructions received from guests. In the unlikely event of an error between Hotel Direct and a hotel that leads to a mistake or omission in the reservation of guest accommodation, Hotel Direct will do its utmost to resolve the error and provide the required accommodation or, in agreement with the guest, comparable accommodation. Hotel Direct's liability is limited to the payment received for the accommodation booked via Hotel Direct. Hotel Direct's liability does not extend to travel commitments or other costs.
9. Room requests (incl. smoking rooms and disabled rooms). It is important to note that certain room requirements can only be requested by Hotel Direct and are not guaranteed by all hotels. Aspects of your accommodation that can be requested but not guaranteed are: smoking rooms (which is strongly requested when specified on your reservation submission but cannot be guaranteed), triple rooms with 3 separate beds (all triple rooms will provide beds for 3 people but some hotels may deem a room with a double and single bed a triple room), particular room positions within a hotel such as rooms with a view or rooms on a particular floor. Hotel Direct will endeavour to meet all such requests but can accept no liability if a hotel fails to meet a request. If you require a room with disabled facilities please submit your booking request by telephoning Hotel Direct on 0800 633 8000 (+44 1872 261 100).
11. Currencies. In order to place your hotel reservation, Hotel Direct takes full payment at the time of booking. Hotel Direct accepts payment in £Sterling, €Euros and $US Dollars at unbeatable rates in each currency. Our website will automatically present the hotel prices in your own local currency but should you wish to change this please select your currency of choice from the options at the bottom or top of all pages showing pricing. If you would prefer to speak to one of our Expert Advisors please phone the number at the top of this page.
12. Disputes. Any dispute or claim against Hotel Direct shall be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.
13. Hotel vouchers. Hotel vouchers must be redeemed through Hotel Direct by telephoning 0800 633 8000 (Outside UK: +44 1872 261 100). Vouchers must be redeemed as part or in total payment for a reservation at a hotel that is listed and available on www.hoteldirect.co.uk. The hotel voucher has no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged for further hotel vouchers. Hotel Voucher Points cannot be redeemed against a hotel booking. Voucher points must first be 'cashed in' against a hotel voucher. The hotel voucher must be redeemed in full on a single hotel booking. No balance is payable or transferable. If the hotel reservation value exceeds the value of the hotel voucher, the balance must be paid by credit or debit card at the time of booking. For some hotel bookings it is necessary for Hotel Direct to take payment at the price listed on hoteldirect.co.uk and at the same time refund the redeemed voucher value to a customer's credit or debit card. On such occasions the customer will be forewarned. All normal HotelDirect.co.uk Terms and conditions apply. The hotel voucher must be redeemed by placing a reservation within 18 months of the issue date. This does not affect the booked date of arrival.
14. Packages (including Theatre Breaks, Rail breaks and any product where a hotel and tickets are booked together).
As stated under Term 3, 'Cancellations and alterations', theatre break, rail break and other package cancellations or alterations incur a 100% cancellation charge if cancelled or altered at any time after payment is made with the exception of some rail fares which are cancellable and refundable in part or whole subject to the rail ticket conditions. Hotel Direct has no liability for the cancellation of a train, a show or other event or the non-appearance of any particular cast member in a theatrical performance or event. In the unlikely event that a show or event is cancelled Hotel Direct will provide a refund for the show or event value which will be calculated by subtracting the hotel/ hotel & rail cost presented on hoteldirect.co.uk from the full price of the booked theatre break. In the event of the cancellation of a booked train the Train Operating Company is responsible for offering alternative travel arrangements. Hotel Direct has no responsibility for the fulfillment of the booked train service and disputes regarding the train service must be taken up with the relevant Train Operating Company.
15. Rail packages. If railcards are used to book a rail package, passengers must travel in possession of the submitted railcards. If a train is delayed or cancelled and customers wish to apply for a refund within National Rail guidelines, tickets must be retained and will be required for the application for a refund. Children under 5 travel free of charge but will not receive a ticket nor be allocated a seat. Hotel Direct customers are required to travel with proof of their package booking (ie. the Hotel Direct confirmation email) which may be required for inspection during the journey by the Train Operating Company. Normally allowed on the return journey of Off-Peak tickets, but is often not allowed on the outward journey, check with the Train Operator if you want to break your journey. Where it is necessary to change trains break of journey is allowed to continue the journey.
It is your responsibility to check that your rail tickets are correct. Immediately upon receipt of the tickets, ensure that you have received the correct quantity, that the departure and arrival dates and times are correct and that you have received the correct seat reservations, if applicable. Under the terms of your booking with Hotel Direct, claims for incorrect or missing tickets and/or seat reservations will only be considered within 48 hours of the ticket delivery date or pick-up from a station. Hotel Direct will not accept liability for any ticket errors, or missing tickets or seat reservations that are first reported more than 48 hours after the date of ticket delivery or pick-up from a station. In the event that you report missing or incorrect tickets or seat reservations more than 48 hours after receipt of the tickets, you will be required to purchase additional tickets at the prevailing price, in order to travel.
16. City Tax. Hotel Direct endeavours to include all taxes and service charges in our prices. However, for Rome bookings, from 01 January 2011 the Municipality of Rome has charged a small city tax of €2 per person per night (€3 pppn for 4 and 5 star hotels) to improve city services. As of 1st September 2014, the Rome city council will increase the city tax from 3.00 to 6.00 euro per person per night. This can only be levied locally at the hotel. Children under 10 years and days in excess of 10 are exempt. A minority of Paris hotels also insist on charging the Paris City tax of £1.20 to £1.80 per person per night locally. If this is not already included in our price it will be stated on our hotel details.
EU Online Dispute Resolution